On the Road Again!
As I write, Terry and I, along with colleagues Dr. Jody Collinge and Miche’ Darnell, have joined together to facilitate a CHE training. This is the first time, in a very long time that we have been able to travel.
Our dear friend, Lana Jones, asked our team to come and serve at the training center which her late husband, Hal, had envisioned. It was his desire that many be trained here for work around the world. The center is located in Volcano, Hawaii. It has been cold and rainy, but we are surrounded by a lush rain forest!
Here are some ways you can pray for the Global CHE Network:
- Pray for the training we are facilitating these next two weeks, specifically for those who participate that they would catch the vision of reaching communities for Christ in word and deed.
- Pray for Lana Jones who is hosting this training. You may remember her name—her husband, Hal, passed away suddenly last October. This will be Lana’s first CHE training she has hosted since Hal met Jesus face to face. Pray God’s blessings on Lana as she continues to serve and use the training center that Hal had envisioned for the training of missionaries in Community Health Evangelism
- Pray for our teams around the world who are facing various types of resistance at this time
- Pray for Nigeria--our dear friend and brother, Dayo Obaweya, recently reported the persecution of Christians has intensified in Nigeria. A CHE trainer was kidnapped by Boko Haram yet escaped. Dayo said that when he leaves his house, he knows he may not come home again. Dayo is a target as he is a chief and a CHE coordinator. Pray that the love of Christ would conquer the hearts of Boko Haram. Pray for God’s great hand of protection to be upon these believers.
- Pray for Haiti—as I hear the stories of the recent devastating earthquake, I am amazed that it is difficult to bring aid due to gangs who are terrorizing the area. It should not be surprising as the president was assassinated in July. This was barely mentioned in the news. Prior to that, Terry and I were made aware of a heartbreaking story involving one of our members. He and his wife were delivering prosthetics to the disabled in a rural community. As they were driving down the road, they were held up at gunpoint by men on motorcycles. The missionary tried to speed away but was shot and paralyzed, his wife having to take over the steering wheel as they fled. Pray for this couple as they have now returned to the States and are looking at a major life change. Pray for the people of Haiti who not only live in the devastation of the earthquake, but in this type of lawlessness.
- Pray for Afghanistan-– I am sure you already are. The most vulnerable groups in the country are women and Christians. A while back, I wrote to you about a young girl who walked hours to go to school and then hurried back home to help her grandparents with their cows. That picture of those school girls haunts my mind and calls me to prayer. Pray for their protection.