What God did at the first Million Village Challenge Mobilization Conference in South Asia was beyond all expectations. More than fifty organizations gathered in the State of Jharkhand in India, targeting 22 districts and three unengaged people groups using the Community Health Evangelism (CHE) strategy. Initial reports indicate that nearly 14,000 villages were adopted by the organizations that gathered. CHE training has already been scheduled for several groups with more on the way.
Pray with us now for mobilization conferences in February and March in Myanmar, Nigeria, and Burkina Faso. Conferences are also being scheduled for the fall for the Middle East and North Africa.
The Million Village Challenge
Using proven strategies for transformational community development, partners who accept the challenge will come alongside villagers living in extreme poverty empowering them to find solutions to six key areas contributing to cyclical poverty – clean, accessible water; renewable, nutritious food source; habits for healthy existence and wellness; education for all children; income source for families; and world-views In the community development process, relationships are developed that lead to faith and fellowships. For more information about the Million Village Challenge, click here.
- Praise that more than 50 organizations gathered and the majority took up the challenge.
- Praise that CHE ministries will be initiated in almost all 22 districts.
- Praise for four champions to serve as coordinators leading the charge.
Pray with us!
- Pray that those being trained will be truly equipped for the challenge, especially among the unengaged and unreached.
- Pray for wisdom and perseverance for the four champions as they cast vision, mobilize and equip.
- Pray that the Gospel will go forth in power, that people will come to faith in Christ, and communities will be transformed.
- Pray for travel funds and personal support to enable Terry to continue his work at future mobilization conferences in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.